The 2023 Incentive Point Bazaar will be conducted on Discord in the #incentive-point-bazaar-channel.
The League rewards GM participation using its Incentive Points System (IP$)
- The maximum amount of IP$ that a GM can earn per season is 125 IP$.
- Each GM is expected to earn at least 50 total IP$ per season. (You don’t want to be the GM with the smallest IP$.)
- A new IP$ “season” starts at the end of the World Series.
- IP$ may be banked for future use.
- IP$ may not be traded.
- Teams may spend as many IP$ as they have.
- The deadline to use IP$ is the Start of Spring Training.
How to Earn Incentive Points (IP$)
- Exporting your team on a regular basis.
- Voting in Polls
- Purchasing the New Game Promptly
- Monitoring Discord Announcements
- Attend Winter Meetings in January (either in person or virtually)
- Making a Trade during the Winter Meetings
- Completing additional tasks as required by the Commissioner
2024 IP Earning Potential
Up to 50 IP$ can be earned by exporting. (90% or better earns the full 50 IP$.)
Exports are tracked PER WEEK (real). So, GMs will earn IP$ as long as they export at least once per week.
We will have ?? (TBD) exports in 2020-2021:
- 12 during the off-season
- 6 during Spring Training
- 27 during the season (As long as you export at least once a week, you will earn an IP for exporting.)
- 5 exports between the end of the regular season and the end of the World Series.
Voting in Polls
15 IP$ can be earned by voting in league Polls.
Purchasing the New Game Promptly
GMs will earn 5 IP$ for exporting promptly at the start of the off season.
GMs are expected to purchase the new OOTP version by the completion of the World Series so that they may be set up with the updated ratings for the off season. To verify purchase of the new game, GMs must export using the new game within two weeks of the start of the off-season (real time).
Failure to export within that two week time period will result in a fine of 7 IP$ per week (real, 28 IP$ max).
Failure to purchase the game within one month of the start of the off-season (real) may result in expulsion from the league.
Monitoring Discord Announcements
30 IP$ can be earned by acknowledging all !IMPORTANT! threads.
The Commissioner uses the Discord #announcement channel to post important league information. The Commissioner will track reactions to important announcements to encourage GMs to regularly monitor the channel. Such posts will begin with !IMPORTANT!.
In order to get credit GMs must add their team emoji reaction to acknowledge reading the thread within one week of its posting. The Commissioner will track all such posts in the IP$ spreadsheet.
Attending Winter Meetings
Owners who attend in person or virtually (using Discord) earn 20 IP$.
The Commissioner will schedule a Winter GM Meeting in January (January 14, 2023).
Teams that make trades during the event earn an additional 5 IP$.
How to Spend your Incentive Points (IP$)
Here are some things you will be able to do with your IP$:
- Convert to Cash (Max $10 million per year. $10 million Cash Limit still applies.)^
- Defray the Cost of LTC Buyouts (One IP$ per $200,000. Max $10 million per year)^
- Help a player learn a new position during the off-season (limited by IP$)
- Speed up the recovery for an injured player.
- Purchase supplemental amateur draft picks after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds. (One pick max each season.)
- Relocate your team (once every three years)
- Move to a different park in your city (once every three years)
- Increase your team’s Fan Interest Modifier (+5 max, can’t push your FI above 85)
- Change Minor League Affiliates.
- Turn a retired player into a coach – Maximum of 3 (75+ IP$ earned in most recent season is free, 10 IP$ each for all others).
- Update Coach Ratings to the most recent OOTP game (20 IP$ each).
- Petition for Personality Update
- Update Injury Rating for Additional Minor League Players (10 IP$ each)
- Doctor’s Report. GM’s can view more detailed injury info, broken down by injury type.
^ = Maximum of $10 million of Cash and LTC Buyouts can be purchased.
Convert to Cash / Defray the Cost of LTC Buyouts
Each IP$ can be converted to $200,000, to a maximum of $10 million (50 IP$). The money can be assigned as Cash ($20 million limit applies) or used to offset LTC Buyouts (can bring Misc to zero but cannot put Misc above zero).
Learning a New Position – 25 IP$ Max
Spending the 25 IP$ will move a player to 150 Experience Points. Players with High Intelligence will get an extra 25 Experience Points. Players with a High Work Ethic will get an extra 25 Experience Points.
So, a team with a High Intel and High Work Ethic player can pay 25 Exp Points to get the player to full 200 Experience.
Alternatively a GM can spend 25 IP$ and replace his real life experience at a single position with his WLB experience. So, if a player played SS all year in life and has 200 Experience, 25 IP$ will get him to full experience.
For 50 IP$ a GM can exchange a player’s WLB experience for his MLB experience AT ALL POSITIONS. So, if a player has experience at multiple positions in real life, but only at one position in WLB, you can swap the experience. (If the player stopped playing a position in real life but played it in WLB, you will lose that experience.)
Speed up Recovery of an Injured Player – 100 IP$ Max Each Player
6 months max can be purchased per player.
Recovery time is determined by the following formula:
Injury Rating Multiplier (IRM)
Durable/Iron Man = 6, Normal = 4, Fragile/Wrecked = 2
IP$/50 * IRM * (365/12)
Move to a Different Park in your City
See details for Franchise Relocations
No stadium or city moves in the last three years. Team has earned at least 50% of IP$ in the just-passed season. The announcement must be made prior to the completion of the previous season.
Cost = 50 IP$
Move to a Different City
See details for Franchise Relocations
No stadium or city moves in the last three years. Team has earned at least 50% of IP$ in the just passed season. The announcement must be made prior to the completion of the previous season.
Cost = 75 IP$
Increase Fan Interest Modifier
20 IP$ per point. Max of 5 can be purchased.
Purchase Draft Picks
After first round – 200 IP$
After second round – 150 IP$
After third round – 100 IP$
Draft picks are purchased for the next year’s draft. (Picks purchased in 2023-2024 off-season are for the November 2024 Draft.
Convert a Retired Player into a Coach
Maximum of 3 are free if a GM has 75+ IP$ earned in most recent season. (10 IP$ each for all others). The game assigns the coaching rating. Teams will then have to sign the coach to a contract.
Update Coach Ratings to the most recent OOTP game ratings
20 IP$ each.
Change Minor League Affiliate
25 IP$ per affiliate.
Petition for Personality Update
Players rated 33 OVR or higher in the Live Start with ratings that don’t match will be updated automatically.
GMs pay 25 IP$ to trigger a vote to change a player’s personality class. The GM then makes his case (hopefully with quotes from people in baseball) and a vote will be held. A 2/3 approval vote will be required to make the change. The change will be in place for one year.
In subsequent years a vote of 50% or more will be sufficient to make the change.
I will calculate the count of each class of player in the new version. If a change to a player will put our league above the regular game total, the proposing team will also have to suggest a player who will get downgraded.
Since OOTP randomly sets player personalities, this change will allow us to correct the most egregious mistakes, like Kyle Schwarber.
I will also track votes to limit any particular GM from subverting the process.
Update Minor League Player Injury Rating
Players rated 33 OVR or higher in the Live Start with ratings that don’t match will be updated automatically. If you wish updates to additional minor leaguers, you can pay 10 IP$ per player.
In real life teams have more injury information for the players in their organization. With that in mind, a Team Doctor’s Report will be added for an IP$ fee (TBD).
Teams who pay the fee will be able to view a breakdown of the individual injury ratings for the players IN THEIR ORGANIZATION.
The Doctor’s Report will be updated automatically using the StatsPlus AI. The Commissioner will update/upload the base injury ratings at the start of the off-season, Opening Day, at the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 points of the season. Each team that pays the fee will get a URL to a Google Sheets file of their players.