The League rewards GM participation using its Incentive Points System (IP$)
- The maximum amount of IP$ that a GM can earn per season is 125 IP$.
- Each GM is expected to earn at least 50 total IP$ per season. (You don’t want to be the GM with the smallest IP$.)
- A new IP$ “season” starts at the end of the World Series.
- IP$ may be banked for future use.
- Teams may spend a maximum of 150 IP$ each year.
How to Earn Incentive Points (IP$)
- Exporting your team
- Voting in Polls
- Monitoring Slack Announcements
- Voting in Post-Season Awards
- Attend Winter Meetings in February (either in person or virtually)
- Completing additional tasks as required by the Commissioner
2021 IP Earning Potential
Up to 65 IP$ can be earned by exporting. (90% or better earns the full 60 IP$.)
We will have ?? (TBD) exports in 2020-2021:
- 12 during the off-season
- 6 during Spring Training
- 27 during the season (As long as you export at least once a week, you will earn an IP for exporting.)
- 5 exports between the end of the regular season and the end of the World Series.
- This means you can earn up to $15 million for exporting. This essentially makes each export worth $200,000.
Voting in Polls
10 IP$ can be earned by voting in league Polls.
Monitoring Slack Announcements
The Commissioner uses the Slack #announcement channel to post important league information. To encourage GMs to regularly monitor the channel, in 2020 the Commissioner will begin tracking reactions to important announcements. Such posts will begin with !IMPORTANT!. In order to get credit GMs must add an emoji reaction to acknowledge reading the thread within one week of its posting. The Commissioner will track all such posts in the IP$ spreadsheet.
20 IP$ can be earned by acknowledging all !IMPORTANT! threads.
Voting for League Post-Season Awards
5 IP$ can be earned by voting for Post-Season Awards
Attending Winter Meetings
The Commissioner will schedule a Winter GM Meeting in January (date TBD). Owners who attend in person or virtually (using Facetime, Slack, or Skype) earn 20 IP$. Teams which make trades during the event earn an additional 5 IP$.
How to Spend your Incentive Points (IP$)
Although I’m still working on the system, here are some things you will be able to do with your IP$:
- Convert to Cash (Max $10 million per year. $40 million Cash Limit still applies.)^
- Defray the cost of LTC Buyouts (One IP$ per $200,000. Max $10 million per year)^
- Help a player learn a new position during the off-season (one player per year)
- Speed up the recovery for an injured player.
- Purchase supplemental amateur draft picks after the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounds. (One pick max.)
- Relocate your team (once every three years)
- Move to a different park in your city
- Increase your team’s Fan Interest (+5 max, can’t push your FI above 85)
- Buy LTC Contract Insurance (for injuries, after 2021 season). (Details of this process will be provided before the end of the 2021 season.)
- Convert a retired player to a coach.
- Change Minor League Affiliates.
- Change individual injury proneness ratings to October’s Live Start end of season ratings.
^ = Maximum of $10 million of Cash and LTC Buyouts can be purchased.
Learning a New Position – 75 IP$ Max
You can have a player learn a new position during the off season. The higher the player’s work ethic, the more experience he will get.
High Work Ethic gains 125 experience points. Normal Work Ethic gains 75 experience points. Low Work Ethic gains 50 points of experience.
Cannot increase rating over a max of 150 experience points for position.
Partial gains are calculated by (IP$ spent)/75
Speed up Recovery of an Injured Player – 100 IP$ Max
2 months max can be purchased per player.
Recovery time is determined by the following formula.
Injury Rating Multiplier (IRM)
Durable = 2, Normal = 1.5, Fragile = 1
IP$ *.01 * IRM * 30
Move to a Different Park in your City
Teams may move to a different park in their city. Teams get a temporary Fan Interest Modifier boast of 10 points.
No stadium or city moves in the last three years. Team has earned at least 50% of IP$ in the just passed season. The announcement must be made prior to the completion of the previous season.
Cost = 50 IP$
Move to a Different City
Teams may their franchise to a different city. Teams get a temporary Fan Interest Modifier boast of 20 points.
No stadium or city moves in the last three years. Team has earned at least 50% of IP$ in the just passed season. The announcement must be made prior to the completion of the previous season. Team assumes Market and Fan Loyalty of the new city. Fan Interest in the old city transfers.
Cost = 75 IP$
Increase Fan Interest
20 IP$ per point. Max of 5 can be purchased.
Purchase Draft Picks
After first round – 100 IP$
After second round – 75 IP$
After third round – 50 IP$
Convert a Retired Player into a Coach
10 IP$ per coach. Game assigns coaching rating.
Change Minor League Affiliate
25 IP$ per affiliate.
Change Injury Proneness
Change individual injury proneness ratings (underlying ratings which aggregate into overall injury rating) to October’s Live Start end of season ratings. Major League players are automatically updated to the major league ratings. Players may only be updated in October Update.
10 IP$ per minor league player. Max of 5 players can be changed.